Wasif ali wasif was born 15th January 1929. He was a teacher, writer, poet, and Sufi intellectual from Pakistan. His father was Muhammad Arif. He received his early education from Khushab then he went to Jhang for his matriculation, intermediate and bachelor’s with good score. During his school and college time he was expert at playing hockey and got many awards. He choose literature in his Master degree after completing bachelor’s degree. ‘Ravi’ was the college magazine and wasif wrote on many topics in that magazine. His two writings on the topics “College miserable life” and “Farewell party” survive to this day.
Wasif ali wasif passed civil Service Exam but did not pursue it. In 1962 he established his own institute near Anar kali in Lahore. From his childhood he was interested in sufism so he met a lot of sufis. He wrote short essays on the topic like love, life, fear, promise, prayer, happiness and so own. In 1984 he started to write his column named as “Guftgoo” in Pakistani newspaper Naw-i-waqt.
List of books by Wasif ali wasif.
01- Shab Chiragh (1978)
02- kiran Kiran Sooraj (1983)
03- Dil Darya Samundar (1987)
04- Qatra Qatra Qulzum (1989)
05- Harf Harf Haqeeqat (1994)
06- Bharay Bharolay (1994)
07- Shab Raaz (1994)
08- Bat Say Bat (1995)
09- Gumnam Adeeb (19??)
10- Mukalma (19??)
11- Zikr-e-Habeeb (2004)
12- Dareechay (2004)
13- WassifYat (2013)
14- Kulyat-e-Wasif Ali Wasif (2014)
15- Aqwal-e-Wasif Ali Wasif (2014)
His famous name is “Baba G Huzur”.
Wasif Ali Wasif died 18 January 1993. His shrine is in Mianisaab graveyard Lahore where his Urs is celebrated on 22 to 24 Rajab annually.
- “Remove the conflict between your desires and your duties, peace will come.”
- “Death is the protector of life and life is the process of death”. WASIF ALI WASIF
- “He who has no light in his heart, what will he gain from the festival of lamps”. WASIF ALI WAWSIF
- “When the child is ill, the mother will know how to pray”. WASIF ALI WASIF
- “In reality, every reality is a veil over reality”. WASIF ALI WASIF
- ‘Life is not only Newton, it is also Milton”. WASIF ALI WASIF
- “Do not destroy anybody’s peace. You will find peace”. WASIF ALI WASIF
- “When the eye becomes the heart, the heart becomes the eye” WASIF ALI WASIF
- “Sleep is a mirror of life in which can be seen the reflection of death”. WASIF ALI WASIF
- “knowledge is light”. WASIF ALI WASIF